Saturday, May 5, 2012

Time Capsule: 1996

I was thinking about my dad's ask to get the Walkman I used to have. I went to the basement to check out the boxes I put into storage.

I ended up sifting through the box and discovering things long forgotten...
1. a bright pink, green, yellow fanny pack
2. pen pal letters
3. a childhood kitty book
4. the cultural dolls that I got over a Christmas when my mom told me (years later) that she and my dad had to get up in the middle of the night, go to the car to bring the "Santa" presents in
5. embarrassing childhood photos
6. the Moist fanclub package
7. pocket dictionary and thesaurus
8. giant 3 wick candle (unused)

Among some other paper documentation. The nostalgia swept over me... what was I doing in 1996? I was 14 and in grade 9. Wow... so many awkward and uncomfortable memories. I don't think many people could say that their grade 9 year was necessarily stellar. It just... was.

I wonder where my next "time capsule" will take me!

1 comment: